The one thing that I get really stuck on when I do my food shopping is snacks. I always end up reaching for a packets of chips or biscuits which is hindering my progress on in fixing my gut and overall health.
Last night, after snacking on some chips (see I’m the worst for it) I decided to cook up some healthy pancakes as a snack alternative. I’ve used minimal ingredients that are all nourishing for the body and cooked them piklet size, it resulted in 16 snack size pancakes coming in at 90 calories each. They’re filling and perfect for an afternoon pick me up.
Banana and Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups of rolled oats blended into a flour
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
Throw everything (except the nuttlex) into a food processor and blend. Cook in a frypan with nuttlex and BAM delicious and healthy pancakes.
- Bananas: high in fibre and said to aid in digestion, bananas are packed full of nutrients such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, folate, B6 and the list goes on.
- Rolled oats: Oats are high in fibre and keep you full for longer than regular flour.
- Greek Yogurt: full of protein and probiotics, need I say more for why I substituted milk for a natural Greek Yogurt?
- Cinnamon: said to be full of antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties and to help lower blood sugar levels.
Note, I’m not a nutritionist these are just facts that I’ve learnt through my own research.